Right of Christian Initiation For Adults (RCIA)
Who Is This For?
This is a programme of instruction in the faith for adults:
- Have you been worshiping with us, but never officially took the step to become Catholic?
- Have you been away from the Church…and have now returned, but want to know more?
- Have you been Catholic all your life, but never celebrated all the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist & Confirmation)?
- Have you joined us from a different faith background and would like to find out more about the Catholic Church?
- Do you know of anyone who has lapsed from the practice of their faith and would like to respond to an invitation to return to the Father’s House?
If any of these questions apply to you, the RCIA programme is a great way to help you on your journey of faith!
- 11 September 2018 - Mary, Mother of Christ, Mother of the Church, our Mother: Mary's story, her role in the Church - what she is and what she isn't, how we honour her, Mary as mediatrix who always points to the Son
- 18 September 2018 - The Saints: Role Models for our Daily Lives - Share stories of different saints; reflection on how these saints can be inspiration for our daily lives.
- 25 September 2018 - The Ten Commandments: The Ten Commandments not as a list of "don't" but rather a call to a life of holiness
- 02 October 2018 - What is Truth: Ethics and Morality in a Relativist World - Following from 10 Commandments lesson, this lesson looks at specific issues around ethics and morality; the Church provides a response against relativism; Church teaching offers patterns for living a life closer to God's perfect plan of love; how do we tell right from wrong
- 09 October 2018 - Our Call to Conversion: God's presence in our lives - Conversion not as a single moment, but through the experiences of our lives; life as a pilgrimage; encouragement to journal (document) journey of faith
- 16 October 2018 - The Trinity: One God in Three Persons - A walk through how Father, Son, Holy Spirit are all aspects of one God, revelation of different aspects of God, perfection of love and unity in the Trinity
The programme is every Tuesday, 7:30 - 9:00 pm at Holy Redeemer.
The programme runs from July and ends three weeks after the Easter vigil. RCIA runs during usual school holidays, June, September, but we do take a break during the December/January holidays.
We also have a retreat weekend midway through the programme.
Those wishing to attend should also set aside the times of the services during Holy Week and in particular the Triduum services of Holy Thursday, Good Friday and The Easter Vigil on Easter Saturday. The Easter Vigil service is where the elect are received fully into the Catholic Church (where applicable Baptism, Confirmation and/or Eucharist).
The RCIA programme is run in conjunction with Holy Redeemer, in Bergvliet. Please contact our parish office for further information.
Don Bowden is the coordinator for Constantia and Sarah-Leah Pimentel is the RCIA coordinator at Holy Redeemer, Bergvliet.
Click below to download the registration form.