Right of Christian Initiation For Adults (RCIA)
Who Is This For?
This is a programme of instruction in the faith for adults:
- Have you been worshiping with us, but never officially took the step to become Catholic?
- Have you been away from the Church…and have now returned, but want to know more?
- Have you been Catholic all your life, but never celebrated all the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist & Confirmation)?
- Have you joined us from a different faith background and would like to find out more about the Catholic Church?
- Do you know of anyone who has lapsed from the practice of their faith and would like to respond to an invitation to return to the Father’s House?
If any of these questions apply to you, the RCIA programme is a great way to help you on your journey of faith!
2019 Weekly Topics
- 02 July 2019 - Introduction Meeting with Fr. Anthony
- 09 July 2019 - Introduction to the RCIA Program: Eucharist
- 16 July 2019 - Places and people of the Catholic Church
- 23 July 2019 - Jesus: The Source and Summit of Faith
- 30 July 2019 - Revelation of God
- 06 August 2019 - A Journey through the Bible
- 13 August 2019 - The Mass explained
- 20 August 2019 - Salvation History: Fulfillment of Covenant
- 27 August 2019 - Church Tradition: A brief history of Catholism
- 03 September 2019 - Question and Answer Session
- 10 September 2019 - Church: The family of God
- 17 September 2019 - Mary: Mother of Christ, Mother of the Church, our Mother
- 01 October 2019 - The Saints: Role Models for our Daily Lives
- 08 October 2019 - The Ten Commandments
- 15 October 2019 - What is Truth: Ethics and Morality in a Relativist World
- 22 October 2019 - Our Call to Conversion: God's presence in our lives
- 29 October 2019 - The Trinity: One God in Three Persons
- 05 November 2019 - The Creed: The Church's one belief (Part 1)
- 12 November 2019 - The Creed: The Church's one belief (Part 2)
- 19 November 2019 - Liturgical Seasons
- 26 November 2019 - Church in the Real World: The Dignity of Life
- 03 December 2019 - Church and Heaven: The Last Things
- 10 December 2019 - Advent: Preparation for Christmas
2020 Weekly Topics
- 14 January 2020 - The Sacraments: An Overview
- 21 January 2020 - Sacrament of Initiation: Baptism & Confirmation
- 28 January 2020 - Sacrament of Initiation: Eucharist
- 04 February 2020 - Sacrament of Healing: Reconciliation
- 11 February 2020 - Sacrament of Healing: Anointing of Oils
- 18 February 2020 - Sacrament of Vocation: Marriage
- 25 February 2020 - An Introduction to Lent
- 03 March 2020 - Sacrament of Vocation: Holy Orders.
- 10 March 2019 - Church and Heaven: The Last Things
- 17 March 2020 - Traditions of Lent
- 24 March 2020 - Traditions of Lent
- 31 March 2020 - Preparation for Easter Vigil Celebration
- 07 April 2020 - Holy Week: Final Journey of Jesus' Passion and Resurrection
- 14 April 2020 - Where to now: A Call to Witness
- 21 April 2020 - Sharing our Conversation Stories
- 28 April 2020 - Final Dinner
The programme is every Tuesday, 7:30 - 9:00 pm at Holy Redeemer.
The programme runs from July and ends three weeks after the Easter vigil. RCIA runs during usual school holidays, June, September, but we do take a break during the December/January holidays.
We also have a retreat weekend midway through the programme.
Those wishing to attend should also set aside the times of the services during Holy Week and in particular the Triduum services of Holy Thursday, Good Friday and The Easter Vigil on Easter Saturday. The Easter Vigil service is where the elect are received fully into the Catholic Church (where applicable Baptism, Confirmation and/or Eucharist).
The RCIA programme is run in conjunction with Holy Redeemer, in Bergvliet. Please contact our parish office for further information.
Don Bowden is the coordinator for Constantia and Sarah-Leah Pimentel is the RCIA coordinator at Holy Redeemer, Bergvliet.
Click below to download the registration form.