Right of Christian Initiation For Adults (RCIA)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
This is a programme of instruction in the faith for adults:
- Have you been worshiping with us, but never officially took the step to become Catholic?
- Have you been away from the Church…and have now returned, but want to know more?
- Have you been Catholic all your life, but never celebrated all the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist & Confirmation)?
- Have you joined us from a different faith background and would like to find out more about the Catholic Church?
- Do you know of anyone who has lapsed from the practice of their faith and would like to respond to an invitation to return to the Father’s House?
If any of these questions apply to you, the RCIA programme is a great way to help you on your journey of faith!
RCIA is back for 2022
Time: The programme is run every Tuesday, 7:00 - 8:30 pm
Venue: In the Parish Hall at Holy Redeemer, Bergvliet.
Topics we cover include:
- Places and people of the Catholic Church
- Jesus: The Source and Summit of our Faith
- Revelation of God
- A Journey Through the Bible
- The Mass Explained
- Salvation History: Fulfilment of Covenant
- Church Tradition: a brief history of Catholicism
- Church: The Family of God
- Mary: Mother of Christ, Mother of the Church, our Mother
- The Saints: Role Models for our Daily Lives
- The Ten Commandments
- What is Truth: Ethics and Morality in a Relativist World
- Our Call to Conversion: God's presence in our lives
- The Trinity: One God in Three Persons
- The Creed: The Church's one belief
- Liturgical Seasons
- Church in the Real World: The Dignity of Life
- Church and Society: Catholic Social Teaching
- Theology of the Body
- Church and Heaven: The Last Things
- Advent: Preparation for Christmas
- The Seven Sacraments
- Traditions of Lent
The RCIA programme is run in conjunction with Holy Redeemer, in Bergvliet. Please contact our parish office for further information.
Don Bowden is the coordinator for Constantia and Sarah-Leah Pimentel is the RCIA coordinator at Holy Redeemer, Bergvliet. Barry Smith and Mariella Norman help as facilitators from Constantia.
Click below to registration online.
THE ROLE OF A SPONSOR
Each participant who is to be received into full communion with the Catholic Church needs to have a sponsor - someone who can walk the Christian journey with you.
This can be a family member or a close friend. Your sponsor is invited to attend some or all of the classes with you. It will enrich the bond of faith between you and will hopefully also guide your spiritual conversations.
If you do not have any idea how to find a sponsor, please come and speak to one of the facilitators.
If you are joining the Catholic Church from another Christian tradition, you'll be asked to provide a copy of your Baptism certificate.
The Catholic Church recognises some Christian baptisms, so this certificate will help us to determine whether or not you require Catholic baptism.