Right of Christian Initiation For Adults (RCIA)
Who Is This For?
This is a programme of instruction in the faith for adults:
- Have you been worshiping with us, but never officially took the step to become Catholic?
- Have you been away from the Church…and have now returned, but want to know more?
- Have you been Catholic all your life, but never celebrated all the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist & Confirmation)?
- Have you joined us from a different faith background and would like to find out more about the Catholic Church?
- Do you know of anyone who has lapsed from the practice of their faith and would like to respond to an invitation to return to the Father’s House?
If any of these questions apply to you, the RCIA programme is a great way to help you on your journey of faith!
2019 Weekly Topics
- 15 January 2019 - Sacrament of Initiation: Baptism & Confirmation
- 22 January 2019 - Sacrament of Initiation: Eucharist
- 29 January 2019 - Sacrament of Healing: Reconciliation
- 05 February 2019 - Sacrament of Healing: Anointing of Oils
- 12 February 2019 - Sacrament of Vocation: Marriage
- 19 February 2019 - Q&A
- 26 February 2019 - Sacrament of Vocation: Holy Orders
- 05 March 2019 - An Introduction to Lent: The Season of Lent and last leg of the preparation for full initiation into the Church; the purpose of Lent as a call to conversion, repentance from sin, call to charity.
- 12 March 2019 - Church and Heaven: The Last Things - Heaven, Hell, Purgatory
- 19 March 2019 - Traditions of Lent: Stations of the Cross
- 02 April 2019 - Traditions of Lent: Connection to O.T
- 09 April 2019 - Preparation for Easter Vigil Celebration
- 16 April 2019 - Holy Week: Final Journey of Jesus' Passion and Ressurection
2018 Weekly Topics
- 09 October 2018 - Our Call to Conversion: God's presence in our lives - Conversion not as a single moment, but through the experiences of our lives; life as a pilgrimage; encouragement to journal (document) journey of faith
- 16 October 2018 - The Trinity: One God in Three Persons - A walk through how Father, Son, Holy Spirit are all aspects of one God, revelation of different aspects of God, perfection of love and unity in the Trinity
- 23 October 2018 - The Creed: The Church's one belief (Part 1) Context for the Nicene Creed and spend the next three weeks working through the Creed as the cornerstones of Catholic belief
- 30 October 2018 - The Creed: The Church's one belief (Part 2)
- 06 November 2018 - The Creed: The Church's one belief (Part 3) and Q&A
- 13 November 2018 - Church in the Real World: The Dignity of Life Use Pope Francis' Encyclical on the Environment - Laudate Si
- 20 November 2018 - Church and my Life: Theology of the Body Use JP11's teaching on human relationships and sexuality
- 27 November 2018 - Church and Society: Catholic Social Teaching Intersection between faith and the world we live in; standing up for moral justice, corruption, laws that destroy the value of human life and the environment, how to live in an immoral society; defense of the poor - Pope Francis' commitment to social justice.
- 04 December 2018 - Question and Answer Session
- 11 December 2018 - Liturgical Seasons + Advent: Preparation for Christmas Cycles in the Church's year; the colours and symbolism of different liturgical seasons; Entering into a period of preparation, the traditions of Christmas and their invitation to prayer: eg Christmas Wreath, Advent Candles, Jesse Tree, Christmas Carols.
The programme is every Tuesday, 7:30 - 9:00 pm at Holy Redeemer.
The programme runs from July and ends three weeks after the Easter vigil. RCIA runs during usual school holidays, June, September, but we do take a break during the December/January holidays.
We also have a retreat weekend midway through the programme.
Those wishing to attend should also set aside the times of the services during Holy Week and in particular the Triduum services of Holy Thursday, Good Friday and The Easter Vigil on Easter Saturday. The Easter Vigil service is where the elect are received fully into the Catholic Church (where applicable Baptism, Confirmation and/or Eucharist).
The RCIA programme is run in conjunction with Holy Redeemer, in Bergvliet. Please contact our parish office for further information.
Don Bowden is the coordinator for Constantia and Sarah-Leah Pimentel is the RCIA coordinator at Holy Redeemer, Bergvliet.
Click below to download the registration form.