“When you are before the altar where Christ reposes, you ought no longer to think that you are amongst men; but believe that there are troops of angels and archangels standing by you, and trembling with respect before the sovereign Master of Heaven and earth. Therefore, when you are in church, be there in silence, fear, and veneration.” St John Chrysostom
It is with much joy that we are able to increase the numbers of people in our church. It has been a slow and careful journey from 6 people, to 25, and now we are open to 50. We will continue to increase this up to the allowable limit of 30% of the seating capacity of our church. With this, we will now stop using the waiting list / invitation system and with immediate effect (1 October) everyone can book to go to the Mass of their choosing directly via our online booking system (Eventbrite).
Some people are already familiar with our booking process. We thank them for helping us in the gradual process of learning and preparation and which will continue into the coming months.
We ask everyone to help us and help each other by booking your tickets electronically and by adhering to the protocols at Mass that are there to assure the safety of all and the sanctity of the church and our liturgy.
WHY WE USE A BOOKING SYSTEM
Select the Mass you wish to attend and click on the link that will take you to that particular Mass in Eventbrite (an event booking system). If you have booked tickets for the theatre or an event, this process will be very familiar to you.
We are using a booking system because:
- A booking system helps us limit the number of people. It was 25, now it is 50, and it will continue to increase.
- Within the booking process you are asked to complete a screening form. This is the required questionnaire that determines whether it is safe and wise for you to come to mass. It is also important for our record-keeping in case we need trace contacts.
- An electronic process provides a safe and efficient process. It eliminates the use of paper and reduces touchpoints when you arrive at the church. (The entrance and exits are known to be the most high risk areas of going back to Mass).
HOW TO BOOK A TICKET
- Bookings for a Mass open 3 days before the Mass. eg. on Wednesday at 5:30 pm you can start booking for Saturday 5:30 pm Mass. If you need to book in advance (eg. you have a special intention or occasion, please contact the Parish Office).
- Bookings close two hours before the start of Mass. This allows time to download forms, and to check and prepare.
- Each person coming to mass needs their own ticket. So, if there are two people coming, you need to complete the process twice and get two tickets (we need a screening form for every individual). Five people, need five separate tickets, and so on. Each child needs their own tickets.
- You can book many tickets with the same email address e.g. if you have children, each child needs a ticket in their name and they can all be booked with the parent’s email address
- It is not necessary for you to print your tickets.
- If you need to CANCEL: For some Masses (esp. Saturday and Sunday) we may have more people who want to attend than is allowed by our restrictions. IF you are booked and then cannot come to Mass for some reason, please can you cancel your booking (or make every reasonable effort to do so - it is not always possible). You can do that by contacting the office. OR you can directly cancel your ticket electronically: Go into the confirmation email. In the "Order Summary" there is a link to "View and Manage" your order online where you can cancel. You need to have created an Eventbrite account to be able to do this.
When you make your booking in Eventbrite, you will notice a BACK TO CHURCH LEAFLET that you can download. It gives a detailed description of the protocols that are being used at the church. Please read it so you know what to expect. It is not complicated and most people are already familiar with the precautions. We are taking them extremely seriously. Click on the button below to download the BACK TO CHURCH LEAFLET.
The THREE most important measures that are proven to make a difference are below:
(1) Wear a mask properly at all times
(2) Observe strict social distancing (ideally 2 metres).
(3) Wash hands and sanitise, and not touching.
WHEN YOU COME TO MASS
BRING M&M’s + P:
Please bring your M&M’s (mask and your own missal).
Also it may be handy to have your own pen in case it is needed.
USE THE TOILET BEFORE LEAVING HOME:
This avoids using the toilet at the church - hence one more safety measure.
Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to allow us to conduct the protocols properly and give you and others quiet prayer time before the start of Mass.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation in following these procedures. They feel strange but will become easier as we adapt and learn new ways of doing things to keep ourselves and our community safe under these changed circumstances. By adhering to the protocols we will learn that that we can go back to church safely and with confidence.
Our Lady of the Visitation, Pray for us.
There are currently NO PUBLIC MASSES as we are on Level 3 until 15 January when the government will announce new guidelines.
Please join us for daily Mass live streamed on YouTube at 9:00am each day.
Guidelines and Directives
(23 September) Directive for further opening of the Churches under Lockdown Level 1 Download letter here>>